There are many different Puffles in Club Penguin, and over the years more and more have been discovered. Here are some useful facts about Puffle’s, if you want to buy a Puffle or if you already own a Puffle but do not know much about them. I hope these are useful!
Puffles are small, furry creatures native to Club Penguin Island. They were discovered during November 2005. They can be purchased for 800 coins each at the Pet Shop (with the exception of the Rainbow Puffle, which is free and can be adopted from the Cloud Forest). Members can buy up to 20 Puffles, of whichever species they desire, while non-members can only buy up to 2 Puffles of red and blue. However, former members get to keep their Puffles. Puffles are currently the only type of pets Penguins can own.
Puffles are popular Club Penguin Merchandise. The Puffle Handler also trained a group of Puffles (Elite Puffles) in the Elite Penguin Force. Unlike how penguins have their own in-game sprites, Puffles look the same on their player cards and in-game. There are annual Puffle Parties in which players can celebrate Puffles. Their favorite foods are O-Berries and Puffle-Os.
Types of Puffles
All puffles are at a cost of 800 coins per puffle. The Blue and Red Puffles are the only puffles that are available to both non-members and members. Every puffle other than the blue and red ones require a membership to purchase. If a toy puffle is bought at a real store, one can unlock a member puffle. If a penguin was a Member and had a Member Puffle, and his/her membership expires, the penguin will still have the member only puffles. Here’s the list of puffles that are in Club Penguin. Each puffle has a different personality and style so players can find the one that fits them best.
- Blue Puffle – Became available in March 2006. It is considered trustworthy, loyal, and easy to care for.
- Red Puffle – They originally came from Rockhopper Island, but have now been domesticated for igloo usage. The most famous red Puffle is Rockhopper’s puffle, Yarr. They can play with you in Catchin’ Waves at the Cove. According to Rockhopper, they are the first discovered puffles.
- Pink Puffle – They are known for their sportiness. They are also depicted as cheerful. They can play with you in Aqua Grabber at the Iceberg.
- Black Puffle – They are known for their reluctance and shadowy-ness. Many Penguins tend to view black puffles as “gangster-like”. They rarely smile, but they will smile when pleased. It can play Cart Surfer with you.
- Green Puffle – They are known to be very energetic and active. They are also the fastest puffles. They are much like clowns, and are usually seen with a Propeller Cap or a unicycle. The most famous green Puffle is the Keeper of the Boiler Room. It can play Jet Pack Adventure with you.
- Yellow Puffle – They are very creative and artistic, and are known to sculpt and paint perfect pieces of art. Yellow Puffles were first sighted in October 2007 and became available for members in November of that year. Yellow Puffles can play in DJ3K. There is also a Yellow Puffle which stays mysteriously in the stage. You can see this puffle by pulling a yellow lever on the Switchbox 3000, and it is named The Keeper of the Stage.
- Purple Puffle – They were discovered in August 2006. They are known to dance, be picky eaters and often portrayed as a diva. They blow incredibly large bubbles using their bubble wand. The Purple Puffle can play with you in the mini-game Dance Contest.
- White Puffle – The White Puffle was introduced to Club Penguin on March 6, 2009. They are the smallest of all puffles, and what makes them seem cuter to other penguins. They are also known for their ability to turn anything in to ice, or create slopes of ice from thin air. They are portrayed as shy and mildly smaller than other puffle species. They are connected back to Ninjas quite often.
- Orange Puffle – The Orange Puffle is one of the newest puffles, available since February 25, 2010. Orange Puffles have been depicted as goofy and clownlike, much like Green Puffles. They are the only puffle to come from a different dimension. Their prominent buck teeth draw users to them.
- Brown Puffle – It was discovered on January 17, 2011, during the Wilderness Expedition. It was perhaps the most exciting to discover as not only several puzzles had to be solved but a boat had to be built and sailed out to their secret cave. Inside, Members could adopt one Brown Puffle for free. So far it seems Brown Puffles are quite intelligent as the Brown Puffle Cave where they were discovered is full of many complex machinery. It also uses a Rocket ship to play and dreams of equations, complete with a graph paper background.
- Rainbow Puffle – The newest puffle, discovered in March 2013. They come from the Cloud Forest above Club Penguin Island. They are the most unique puffles to be released. Their existence was rumored in the community for many years. They can fly and fart sparkles. They first appeared in a Hollywood Party trailer, and then in Puffle Party (Gotta Have a Wingman). They are the only types of puffles that are adopted from a place other than the Pet Shop.
Animal Puffles are puffles that cannot be purchased at the pet shops, and are often party based. It is unlikely, but possible, any will appear as adoptable pets in the future.
- Cat Puffle– Cat Puffles were first seen in a drawing in the Doodle Dimension at the April Fools’ Party 2012, then spotted in a Puffle Party 2012 video, then in Puffle Trouble.
- Bat Puffle – It was seen in the Mansion Attic telescope during the Halloween Party 2012. There is also a Puffle Bat Key Pin.
- Reindeer Puffle– Reindeer Puffles were first spotted at the Holiday Party 2012 exit page, then on the homescreen, and then confirmed to be able to become one. These puffle species are slightly bigger than ordinary puffles. The only Reindeer Puffles spotted were brown. This might mean that they might only be brown, like how Puffle Bats are only black, and how Puffle Cats are only purple.
- Bird Puffle– Bird Puffles were first spotted at the Holiday Party 2012, popping out of the clock tower every 15 minutes, just like how the Orange Puffle did at the Ski Lodge. It is most likely to be the next Puffle, as it says in an issue of the Club Penguin Times, that PH found some strange feathers. Possibly from this Puffle.